Brocklehurst Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Brocklehurst (2830) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 309 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Brocklehurst is in the federal electorate of Parkes.

In the 2011 census the population of Brocklehurst was 474 and is comprised of approximately 48.9% females and 51.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Brocklehurst is 41 years of age.

90.8% of people living in the suburb of Brocklehurst were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.9% England, 0.6% New Zealand.

94.5% of people living in Brocklehurst speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Brocklehurst is 29.8% Anglican, 23.9% Catholic, 16.1% No religion, 9.1% Uniting Church, 8.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.4% Christian, nfd, 1.7% Baptist, 1.3% Salvation Army, 1.1% Jehovah's Witnesses.

66.8% of people are married, 23.3% have never married and 5.2% are divorced and 0.8% are separated. There are 14 widowed people living in Brocklehurst.

61.5% of the people living in Brocklehurst over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.7% are working on a part time basis. Brocklehurst has an unemployment rate of 1.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Brocklehurst are 19.8% Managers, 17.1% Technicians & trades workers, 12.2% Professionals, 12.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.7% Community & personal service workers, 10.4% Labourers, 7.2% Sales workers, 6.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Brocklehurst work in are 14.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.4% Health care and social assistance, 9.5% Retail trade, 9.5% Construction, 8.1% Manufacturing, 7.2% Education and training, 6.3% Public administration and safety, 5.0% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.1% Professional, scientific and technical services.

41.4% of homes are fully owned, and 43.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $510 per week and the median household income is $1199 per week.

The median rent in Brocklehurst is $170 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Brocklehurst postcode 2830

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Primrose Valley 2621 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales